Faced with the current challenges of management of schools, management software becomes unavoidable. School leaders today face major management challenges, from strategic management to the management of daily school activities.
School management is a tedious and multifaceted job for school administrations. The amount of information and details to deal with on a daily basis is constantly increasing. The school management software was created with the aim of providing a viable solution to such management challenges. Let’s see what exactly it is and what can be the added value of such a management solution on the functioning and development of a school. The school app happens to be the perfect option and solution there.
School management software, what is it exactly?
School management software with also works as a teacher app in part, is a tool capable of managing all the education and business processes of a school from admission to school management in all its details. It contributes to the storage, processing and numerical analysis of all information and facilitates its recovery. It is therefore a system instrument that assists school administrators to optimally manage day-to-day operations such as enrollment management, tuition collection and collection, exam management and grades. Exams, assessments, homework, notifications thanks to several interconnected and integrated modules.
School management software manages at least the following processes:
- Manage communication with “potential students” ie management of communication with students prior to admission
- Manage registrations
- Create new student folders and assign them related processes (profile, level, class, schedule, fees etc.)
- Manage exams, assessments, assignments, grades
- Ensure the recordings of the educational follow-up
- Maintain the register of absences and presence
- Follow-up of the attribution of the assessments and individual follow-up of performance.
School management systems can manage other processes. In some countries it is obligatory according to the laws in force for each school to have a reliable system of school management.
There is a difference between a school management system (SMS) and a learning management system (LMS). To understand the difference, read our article: Which system to choose for the management of the school, and how?
The following list of what a successful School Management Software can do is not exhaustive:
- Supports much of the repetitive tasks that keep asking and consuming the attention of administrators.
- Dematerialize all processes, all the documentary heritage of the school for better access, processing and analysis.
- Archive data from previous academic years, profiles of school winners and other non-use documentation.
- Creates links and synchronizes the operation between different processes using the same data.
Why use a school management software package?
Supervision and management of school activities are considered complex tasks to be implemented optimally. Each department / service must be managed to ensure not only its proper functioning but also its optimal functioning.
Out of all school processes, repetitive and administrative tasks require appropriate attention in the management of the school. Every day, the administration faces many types of challenges. There are different types of tools and techniques available that can significantly help to manage school processes more effectively, part of which is school management software.
A good school management tool can make your life easier, dramatically reduce processing time, and increase the accuracy and transparency between the teachers and the parents.